How can I help?Updated 7 months ago
Thanks for being part of the solution to the ocean plastic crisis! Here are a few ideas as to how you can get involved:
1. Reduce your consumption of single-use plastic. Ditch the plastic straws, cups, bags, utensils, and to-go containers. Opt for sustainable and reusable alternatives instead. If we all do this, brands and manufacturers will get the message that we want to change.
2. Don’t pass it up, pick it up. When you’re out and about, don’t walk by trash you see on the ground. Make an effort to get it out of the environment and into the proper trash or recycling bin.
3. Share your knowledge. People can’t be part of the solution until they’re aware of the problem. Talk to anyone willing to listen. Use your 4ocean bracelets as a conversation starter and invite friends to our social channels. We recommend using the “Nudge Don’t Judge” approach: gently provide information and suggest alternatives to single-use plastic, but don’t judge or shame people for the plastic choices they’ve made.
4. Shop 4ocean.com. We started 4ocean because we wanted to give anyone, anywhere a way to clean the ocean. All of the products on 4ocean.com fund the removal of one pound of trash from the ocean and coastlines.
5. Support other ocean cleanup initiatives: We’re not the only ones trying to find solutions to the ocean plastic crisis. We encourage all of our fans to support other companies and nonprofits working for the health and future of the ocean. We’re all in this together.
For ideas on how to reduce your impact in the world, check out our blog 15 Ways to Reduce Your Plastic Use.